BOOKKEEPER/ASSISTANT CLIENT MANAGER
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our modern accountancy firm for candidates looking to broaden and enhance their skills, knowledge and experience. We want someone to take ownership of a portfolio of amazing clients, be the main point of contact and grow with the role by adding technical and advisory facets to their abilities.
We can support you with your continuing AAT/ACCA studies, should you wish.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To support the Client Managers in our Outsourcing Department to deliver high-quality accounting and tax solutions to our clients. To have a share in promoting our purpose, vision, mission and principles to all our stakeholders.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
This is a role of rapid learning and development, developing your technical and soft skills in the job, in tandem with studying your AAT or ACCA exams, if you so wish. You will be performing a wide range of hands-on tasks, putting down strong foundations of knowledge, on the way to a successful career in the accounting industry.
ROLE WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
You will be supported directly by our excellent team of Client Managers to help you learn as you grow your technical and soft skills both with our internal development plan, and your studies.
Our collaborative and open ethos means that you will be able to draw on technical skills and experience of all levels, all the way up to the Directors, throughout your career at Ten Forward Accounting.
- Ensuring client records are accurately maintained
- Completing tasks in a timely manner, to deadline
- Managing deadlines for planning and reporting foreseen issues
- Hitting internal utilisation and budget targets
- Effective use of software to achieve desired results
- Posting sales invoices, credit notes, cash and bank transactions and purchase invoices to Xero
- Accurate data input
- Working with Excel spreadsheets and cloud software
- Reconciling accounts
- Maintaining complete and accurate client records
- Assisting with penalties, charges and investigations.
- Assisting in Company Secretarial responsibilities
- Preparing Self Assessment returns
- Posting journals
- Processing payroll
- Assisting with HMRC investigations
- Preparing VAT returns
- Ad-hoc projects, general office tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
A good year or two of year of accounts practice experience, or a number of years bookkeeping experience.
Qualifications are desirable, but not necessary. AAT level 2 or better. A minimum of 5 GCSE’s equivalent of grades A – C, including Maths and English (compulsory). You will more than likely have at least 2 A levels with good grades as well.
You will need to demonstrate excellent written and spoken communication, be IT literate, have a hard-working spirit, and display a determination to take on every challenge that arises.
This role carries great responsibility, but you will be supported and given the opportunity to progress and develop new skills, should you so desire. The ideal candidate must be diligent and determined to put all their effort in to be a success while in the office.
Invaluable personal skills that you will have, and work towards perfecting, include:
- Confident in communication with clients
- A team player
- Thrives under pressure
- Organised, and can adhere to deadlines
- Act confidentially and ethically
- See things through to completion
- A problem solver
In return, you will be part of a growing accountancy firm who will support you, your training and personal growth. Our Company benefits include 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, generous training and study support, company pension scheme, access to our employee assistance programme, flexible working hours and more!